Why do I need optimization (compression) of images on the site?
Everyone knows that the acceleration of the website improves the behavioural factors, and raises the conversion of the website (sales growth).
Here is an example graph of the conversion based on load time, provided by the study of Walmart.
The graph shows that the more time the page needs to fully load, fewer customers make targeted actions on the site. If your website is not working as fast as possible, then you are missing out on potential profit. Website acceleration will improve conversion and thereby gain more potential customers and increase revenue.
How important is the optimization of the images
A page of the website usually consists of:
- HTML-code (markup, layout, text),
- CSS-code with page styles,
If you compare the amount (in bytes) of all the resource types on the page, you’ll notice that the pictures are the ones that will weight more than anything else.
Obviously, the optimization of the image can significantly increase the loading speed of the website. Also, if you reduce the number of images on the site, the pages will load faster.
The compression of the images is applied to reduce the bytes of the images with about 70-98% preferably without suffering a loss of visual quality.
As a result of the optimization you will benefit from:
- Faster browsing.
- Increase in Google Pagespeed Insights metrics.
- Reduction of failures and improved behavioural factors on the site.
- Improved ranking of the website in search results.
- Reduced load on the hosting / server.
- Disk space saving.
How to optimize images
You can manually optimize each image on the site. You can use Photoshop or other tools. Normally, when you save an image in the editor, there is the “save for web” option.
You can also use https://compressor.io/
But this takes a lot of time (especially if you have hundreds or thousands of images on your site). You will have to spend either your personal time or the time of salaried employee. In any case – it’s resources => money.
OptiPic.io is specifically designed to solve this problem.
Just in 2 minutes, you will be able to connect your website to a system that will scan it in its entirety, find and optimize (compress) all the images.
Optimization of all images on the website goes on to complete auto-pilot in the background.
Service itself will find on the website all the images and optimizes them.
And when you add future images on the website or change old images, they all automatically get queued for optimization. The system itself monitors these changes and reacts to them.
OptiPic easily connects to almost any website in 2 clicks and it supports all CMSs and frameworks as well as self-made sites in PHP.
- Full automation. Works by itself in the background.
- The image URL doesn’t change. Compressed images are stored on your site.
- Easy integration with any website on PHP – even self-made.
- Friendly technical support.
- The system does not have any restrictions (in volume or image size).
- Powered by the usual hostings, does not require a dedicated server or vps.
- It does not require the skills of a system administrator or developer to install and use.
- Free help in connecting.
- No monthly payments.